Wednesday, November 21, 2012

9 days and Passback

I picked up the soccer gear from Mike at Soccer.com today.  I'm super excited about it.  He gave us at least three sets of uniforms, a couple sets of cones and over fifty balls.  Looks like a few keeper jerseys and some gloves as well.  I didn't dig too deep in the bags as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to repack them.  We've got somewhere around 90 pounds of equipment, just under the limit for our flight.  He seems like a really good guy, and his little sister is even working with some of her friends around here to collect a little more gear.  Sounded like she might drop another set of jerseys off for me at school on Monday.

Things are coming together, and the trip is coming on quick.  Mr. Atta and I are planning on sitting down again sometime this weekend and talking a little more about what we need to discuss when we meet with the leaders of Community Eleven School.  I think that he is a little worried about the committment from Mendenhall and being certain that the school is in it for the long haul.  He says that so many times people come with good intentions, but they quickly fizzle out, and he doesn't want to see that happen here.  I certainly agree and have some of the same worries.  However, I think that we will be able to build some extra support for it when we return and have some things to share.  Mr. Matson has agreed to draft a letter of support for us to take with us as well.  He's been supportive of us the whole way, so I think we'll be ok.  I guess in the end, only time will tell.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I can't help but take a few minutes to think about how thankful I am for this opportunity.  There are a lot of uncertainties as this project moves forward, but I'm very excited about all that we've been able to do so far.  I feel like things will continue to just work themselves out as we go along as well.  That's how good things tend to happen, right?

9 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment